Monday, July 18, 2016

To Live is Christ

Sometimes there is a segment of scripture that sticks out to me and different videos and music that impacts me. I feel I need to share some of these thoughts. Hopefully it will encourage you or impact you today.


Phillipians 1:20-26
I eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed [of the gospel], but will have sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body, whether by life or by death. For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. If I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet what shall I choose? I do not know! I am torn between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by
far; but it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. Convinced of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for your progress and joy in the faith, so that through my being with you again your joy in Christ Jesus will overflow on account of me.

“To live is Christ” means:


-       We proclaim the gospel of Christ
-       We imitate the example of Christ
-       We pursue the knowledge of Christ
-       We are willing to give up anything that prevents us from having Christ
-       Christ is our focus, our goal, and our chief desire


This is my prayer as we move to Guatemala, that I will not be ashamed of the gospel, but will have courage to proclaim the life-changing name of Jesus Christ. We need your prayers because there will be spiritual battles that will be taking place to put doubts in our heads that we aren’t qualified or worth it.


Our world needs prayer. After you finish reading this post. Take some time to pray for our world. Last Sunday at a church out here in Ohio, regarding the race and violence issues, the pastor said, "Hang on to your opinions loosely and hang on to God and the gospel tightly." We need to be hanging on to our Heavenly Father through all of these trials.

     33 more days until we get on the metal bird with most of our earthly belongings to follow God's call on our lives! We still have some Guatemalan bracelets, fresh coffee, chocolate covered coffee beans and scarves to sell. We do not want to take them back to Guatemala with us! Contact either of us if you are interested at andi@hopeforhome.org or krishauna@hopeforhome.org

Also we are having a get-together on Sunday August 14th in the afternoon/evening to see friends and family one-last time before we head off. So be sure to put that on your calendars. More details will follow regarding this event!

Reminder to say a prayer for the world we live in :) 

Love,
Andi



No comments:

Post a Comment